Blog & Resources
Tuscan Chicken Skillet
This easy weeknight dinner has it all: sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, rosemary and chicken to pull together a full-bodied savory flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (3 to 4 split breasts)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1-pound cremini mushrooms, trimmed and sliced (about 5 cups sliced)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry if oil packed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 450°F.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large oven-safe skillet with a lid over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place skin-side down in the pan and sear until golden-brown, about 5 minutes. Flip and sear until the other side is golden-brown, 4 to 5 minutes more. Transfer skin-side up to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet along with the mushrooms. Sauté, scraping up the browned bits at the bottom of the pan, until browned and just tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. Sauté for 1 minute more. Stir in the white beans and broth.
Nestle the seared chicken breasts skin-side up in the mushroom mixture, and add any accumulated chicken juices on the plate. Roast uncovered until the thickest piece of chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 30 minutes. Serve in shallow bowls, spooning some of the sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
Using boneless, skinless chicken: You can use 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts instead. Sear for about 3 minutes on each side. Continue with the recipe but omit the broth, then cover and roast at 400°F. Keep it covered the entire time, then start checking for doneness after 25 minutes.
Per serving, based on 4 servings Calories: 496 Fat: 21 g Saturated: 5.2 g Trans: 0.2 g Carbs: 32 g Fiber: 7 g Sugars: 4 g Protein: 44.1 g