Blog & Resources
Pair this delicious pork chop with your favorite veggie on the side!! Green beans are a great idea!!
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, (1-1 1/4 pounds), trimmed of fat
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice cocktail, or orange juice
- 2 1/2-3 tablespoons clover or other mild honey
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen, thawed, coarsely chopped (see Tip)
- Mix thyme and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with the thyme mixture.
- Stir cranberry juice and 2 1/2 tablespoons honey in a 1-cup glass measure until well blended.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add the chops and cook until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Push the chops to one side of the pan, add onion to the empty half and cook, stirring, until the onion is soft and beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Pour half the juice mixture into the pan. Add cranberries. Reduce heat to medium and cook, turning the chops occasionally, until cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the chops to a serving plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Add the remaining juice mixture to the pan. Increase heat to high and cook until the mixtures reduces to form a syrupy sauce, about 2 minutes. Season with the remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper and up to an additional 1/2 tablespoon honey to taste. Spoon the sauce over the chops.
TIPS & NOTES
- Tip: To make quick work of chopping cranberries, place whole berries in a food processor and pulse a few times until the berries are coarsely chopped.
Leave a Comment