Blog & Resources
One Pan Balsamic Chicken and Asparagus
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 lb. chicken breast tenders
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a small bowl, whisk together balsamic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, honey, garlic, and red pepper flakes until combined. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining oil.
- Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sear until golden on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- To pan, add asparagus and tomatoes, season with more salt and pepper, and cook until asparagus is bright green and tomatoes are slightly wilted, 5 minutes or so.
- Move veg to one side, add the chicken back in and pour in vinaigrette.
- Let go, tossing veggies and chicken slightly until chicken is cooked through and vinaigrette is thickened, 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Info: Calories 282.3 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 1.5g Polyunsaturated Fat 4.7g Monounsaturated Fat 4.1g Cholesterol 68.8mg Sodium 672.9mg Potassium 148.8mg Total Carbohydrate 19.2g Dietary Fiber 1.6g Sugars 10.9g Protein 28.9g