Blog & Resources
Chipotle Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler.
- Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip) or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes.
- Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup chicken, 1/2 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup beans, 1/4 avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.
Serving Size: 1 Burrito Bowl, About 2 1/2 Cups Per Serving: 452 calories; protein 35.6g; carbohydrates 36.1g; dietary fiber 9.4g; sugars 2.6g; fat 18.7g; saturated fat 3.9g; cholesterol 90mg; vitamin a iu 2274.4IU; vitamin c 7.1mg; folate 159.7mcg; calcium 110.7mg; iron 3.3mg; magnesium 127.2mg; potassium 995.4mg; sodium 461.8mg; thiamin 0.3mg. Exchanges:
2 Fat, 3 1/2 Lean Protein, 2 Starch, 1/2 Vegetable
Recipe and Image Courtesy of Eatingwell.com