Blog & Resources
#1 Rule for Weight Loss – Eat Right!
I hate to say it, but it’s so true; you are what you eat.
The trick to good nutrition (and therefore faster results) is to feed your body a combination of protein and carbohydrates every few hours, this ensures proper recovery from workouts AND optimal energy levels throughout your day. Balanced nutrition is the key. And believe it or not, for best results, you should eat 5-6 (small) meals each day instead of the “3 square meals” you’re probably used to, or worse… just one big meal a day.
Here’s a quick “ingredients checklist” you want to stick to when creating your own meals from now on. The better you stick to this, the better your body will perform…
- Protein – Choose a portion of lean protein, such as chicken breast, ground turkey, fish or steak. Protein is essential for building toning and building muscle. 3-5 ounces should be about the right size. Also, aim for 1g protein per pound of your body weight
- Carbohydrates – Choose a portion of complex carbohydrates, such as a small baked potato, sweet potato, a 1/2 cup of brown rice or a slice of whole-wheat bread.
- Vegetables – Add a portion of vegetables with at least two meals each day.
- Essential Fats – Consume one tablespoon of unsaturated oil daily (olive oil is best) or 3 portions of salmon per week. Not all fats make you fat!
- Water – Drink at least half your body weight in ounces each day. If you weigh 150 pounds then drink at least 75 ounces… more when you’re exercising
Again, balanced nutrition is the key. You can do all the workouts in the world, but you just won’t be maximizing your results until you fix the way you eat.
Leave a Comment