Blog & Resources
Want to eat healthier? Make meatballs with high-fiber cereal, and serve them over delicious whole wheat pasta. A simple and incredibly delicious 10-minute recipe that you will make again and again!
- 3/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- ¼ cup shredded 2% Parmesan cheese
- ¾ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, undrained
- 1/8 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 oz. uncooked whole wheat angel hair
- 1 to 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley, if desired
- Place cereal in a resealable food storage plastic bag; seal bag and finely crush with rolling pin or meat mallet (or in food processor).
- In large bowl, mix cereal, ground beef, ¼ cup cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and ¼ cup of the tomato sauce until well blended. Shape into meatballs.
- Spray 12 inch skillet with cooking spray. Cook Meatballs in skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned. Drain if necessary.
- Add remaining tomato sauce, tomatoes, and red pepper to skillet; turn meatballs to coat. Cover, cook over medium-low heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring sauce and turning meatballs occasionally, until meatballs are thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Serve meatballs over pasta. Top each serving with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley.