Blog & Resources
SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW
Everyone’s favorite comforting beef stew made easily in the crockpot! The meat is SO TENDER and the stew is rich, chunky and hearty!
- 2 pounds stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds, optional
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season beef with salt and pepper, cover in flour and add to bottom of crock pot
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, caraway seeds and bay leaves until well combined; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Nutrition Facts: Servings Per Container 8, Amount Per Serving: Calories 332.4Calories Fat 11.7g18% Saturated Fat 3.8g Trans Fat 0.7g Total Carbohydrate 19.5g Protein 35.5g