Blog & Resources
Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice with Pineapple
Satisfy your takeout craving with this easy, healthier recipe that features fresh pineapple and fresh ginger for loads of flavor, and cauliflower rice!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrot (1 medium)
- ½ cup thinly bias-sliced celery (1 stalk)
- ½ cup sliced green onions (4)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl beat together egg and egg whites; set aside.
- In a very large skillet or wok heat the 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add pork.
- Stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until pork is no longer pink. Remove pork from skillet; set aside.
- Add the 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet or wok.
- Add pineapple, carrot, celery, green onions, and ginger; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic; stir-fry 30 seconds more.
- Add egg mixture; let stand 5 to 10 seconds or until egg sets on bottom but remains runny on top.
- Add cauliflower rice. Turn and toss mixture continuously 1 minute.
- Stir in cooked pork, peas, soy sauce, and cilantro; heat through. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information: Serving size: 1½ cups Per serving: 386 calories; 11 g fat(2 g sat); 4 g fiber; 41 g carbohydrates; 31 g protein; 39 mcg folate; 144 mg cholesterol; 8 g sugars; 3,206 IU vitamin A; 26 mg vitamin C; 44 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 546 mg sodium; 585 mg potassium