Blog & Resources
This One Pan Autumn Chicken Dinner is the perfect comfort food for a chilly day. The chicken thighs are bone-in and skin-on, which means they’ll be nice and juicy. The herbs give it a wonderfully fragrant flavor, and the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts add a touch of sweetness and crunch. The best part is that everything cooks in one pan, so it’s super easy to make.
- 4–5 (6–7 oz) bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp each minced fresh thyme, sage, and rosemary, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about ¾-inch thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced about ¼-inch thick
- 4 slices of hickory smoked bacon, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour 2 tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and herbs into a gallon-size resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples, and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon (separate any pieces that stick together) evenly over veggie/fruit mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes (chicken should register 165 in the center). Broil during the last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.
Yield: About 4 servings