Blog & Resources
Holiday Season Weekend Tips
- Start with a workout: You’ve definitely earned some much-needed rest this weekend, but that doesn’t mean you have to go from couch to bed and back again. Start your weekend off right with one of these loner intense, workouts, and you’ll be happy that you moved your body and burned calories.
- Drink smart: Yes, sugary and alcoholic drinks are empty calories. You don’t have to abstain from the fun drinks this weekend — instead, be smart about your habits. Alternate cocktails and water or stick to carbonated water that’s been flavored with a few fresh ingredients like lemon cucumber mint or ginger.
- Keep moving: Even if you don’t have time for a full, sweat-inducing workout, make sure that you allot some free time for going on a walk, taking a hike, or doing a few of these 5 minute workouts.
- Think before you taste: Mindless eating is even easier in a party setting, especially if you’ve got a cocktail in hand. Before you reach for another plate of chips and dip, remember to ask yourself if you’re actually hungry. If you’re not, try filling up with flavored water, and move away from the appetizer table so you’re not tempted to graze.
- Schedule smart: Rather than meeting all your friends and family at various brunches, parties and bars, make things a little healthier by adding healthy dates into the mix. Schedule a hike with an old friend or a yoga class with the girls; afterward, make one of these healthy recipes or find a healthy spot to catch up.
- Stop the guilt: Even with the best intentions, an indulgent day sometimes happens. If you suddenly realize that for the whole holiday you’ve been a nonstop eating machine, don’t beat yourself up about it. One day of bad eating isn’t going to derail your efforts so move on and start over with fresh healthy goals.