Blog & Resources
Grilled Sirloin Skewers with Peaches and Peppers
8 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs)
Grilling season is in full effect and this recipe is just the thing to fire up on the barbie this weekend! With the right ratios of protein and carbs, make a bunch extra for meal prep for the week! Plan, prep, do! The more you know the further you will go!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 48 (1-inch) pieces
- 4 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, each cut into 8 (1-inch) pieces
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare kebabs, combine the first 7 ingredients; toss well.
- Thread 3 steak pieces, 2 peach wedges, 1 onion wedge, and 1 bell pepper piece alternately onto each of 16 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Place kebabs on a platter; cover loosely with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, combine chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (chopped parsley through garlic), stirring with a whisk.
- Spoon over kebabs. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
217 calories; calories from fat 30%; fat 7.2g; saturated fat 2.4g; mono fat 3g; poly fat 0.4g; Protein 25.5g; carbohydrates 12.4g; fiber 3.2g; cholesterol 69mg; iron 3.8mg; sodium 768mg; calcium 38mg.
Recipe courtesy of CookingLight.com