Blog & Resources
Grilled Chicken Taco Salad
Peppery arugula, grilled corn and a tangy lime vinaigrette give this healthy taco salad recipe a serious upgrade. This recipe is the perfect vehicle for using the crushed-up tortilla chips at the bottom of the bag.
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1 firm ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large ear corn, husked
- 5 cups arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup coarsely broken tortilla chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine lime juice, vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl; whisk in oil. Add tomatoes, zucchini, avocado, onion and jalapeno, if using; gently toss to coat. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 °F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill corn until lightly charred on all sides, 2 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces; cut corn kernels from the cob.
- Add the chicken and corn to the tomato mixture; stir in arugula, tortilla chips and cilantro and gently toss to combine.
Nutrition information: Serving size: 2 1/4 cups
Per serving: 447 calories; 28 g fat(4 g sat); 6 g fiber; 24 g carbohydrates; 27 g protein; 96 mcg folate; 63 mg cholesterol; 5 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 1078 IU vitamin A; 23 mg vitamin C; 78 mg calcium; 2 mg iron; 551 mg sodium; 812 mg potassium