Blog & Resources
This colorful, flavor-forward dish makes the most of peak-season produce with a sweet and tangy fruit salsa that would be equally delicious served over pork chops or with whole-grain tortilla chips. The heat from the seeded jalapeño is mild, but it can be omitted. To round out your plate, try serving the chicken and salsa over a bed of rice or with a simple side salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 chicken cutlet and about ½ cup salsa)
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup diced peeled ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 lime wedges
- Combine strawberries, avocado, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl; toss to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Sprinkle chicken with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Divide chicken among 4 serving plates, and spoon salsa evenly over each serving. Garnish each serving with a lime wedge.
Calories 211, Fat 9.3g, Sat fat 1.5g, Mono fat 5.2g, Poly fat 1.3g, Protein 25g, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 3g, Cholesterol 73mg, Iron 1mg, Sodium 494mg, Calcium 19mg