Blog & Resources
Tuna with Pear Salsa
- large unpeeled pear, chopped (1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium hot or mild yellow chile, (2 Tbsp)
- 2 medium green onions, chopped (2 Tbsp.)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- 6 small tuna or halibut fillets (1 ½ lb.)
- In small glass or plastic bowl, mix all pear salsa ingredients.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors but no longer than 24 hours.
- Set oven control to broil. Spray broiler pan rack with cooking spray.
- Place fish on rack in broiler pan. Broil with tops about 4 inches from heat about 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve tuna topped with salsa.
Nutrition Information: Per Serving: 329 calories; protein 30.4g; carbohydrates 26.9g; fat 11.2g; cholesterol 51.3mg; sodium 350.8mg