Blog & Resources
Looking for an easy, healthy dinner solution? Look no further than this Crockpot Veggie Lasagna! Loaded with good-for-you veggies, this lasagna is super simple to make and tastes amazing. Just put it in the crockpot and you’re good to go!
- (2) 24 ounce jars or cans of Italian tomato sauce (see notes)
- 9 thick lasagna noodles with wavy edges (mine were called bronze cut)
- 24 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese OR cottage cheese
- 3-4 cups chopped vegetables of choice (I used kale)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella or Provolone cheese
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- fresh parsley for topping
- Spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray. Spread ½ cup tomato sauce to the bottom so the noodles don’t stick.
- Break noodles so that they fit and mostly cover the bottom. They will probably be awkward looking – not a big deal. Cover with about one third of the ricotta, veggies, sauce, cheese, and end with noodles. Repeat layers two more times for a total of three complete layers. End with a layer of noodles on top, covered with a thin layer of sauce and a little bit more shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5-6 hours. Turn the crockpot off completely and let the lasagna sit for at least one hour. This allows all the moisture to get soaked into the lasagna, and if you don’t do this it will probably be more like lasagna soup – still good, but not pretty. Depending on how long you let it sit, you can either scoop pieces out or just cut with a knife like normal lasagna.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 307 Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 26mg Carbs: 31.6g Protein: 23.6g