Blog & Resources
Taco-Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- 1/2 lb. ground beef;
- 1/2 onion, diced;
- 4 avocados, sliced in half and pitted;
- 1 bell pepper, thinly diced;
- 1 tomato, diced;
- 2 tsp. chili powder;
- 1/2 tsp. paprika;
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder;
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder;
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano;
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin;
- 2 green onions, sliced;
- Fresh salsa;
- Cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl combine, chili powder, paprika, garlic, onion, oregano, cumin, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet, over high heat, add the onion, and the ground beef.
- Cook until the beef is browned, sprinkle with the spices, and cook stirring until well mixed.
- Place halved avocado on a baking dish.
- Fill each avocado with ground beef, and top with bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Place the stuffed avocado in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Serve the avocado topped with green onions, and fresh homemade salsa.
BLT CHICKEN SALAD STUFFED AVOCADOS
- 12 slices of turkey bacon
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1½ cups cottage cheese (or more depending on the consistency you prefer
- 1 cup finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 avocados
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Lay 12 slices of turkey bacon out on a foil lined baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip, bake for another five minutes, and lay the bacon out over several sheets of paper towels to cool
- Meanwhile, quarter your tomatoes, scoop out all the pulp and seeds with your fingers, and dice into small chunks
- Chop the romaine into small pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cottage cheese, romaine, tomatoes, crumbled turkey bacon, and mix together
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Half your avocados, remove the pits, and season lightly with salt and pepper
- To serve, scoop ⅙ (approximately) of the chicken salad into each avocado half. Not a huge amount will fit inside the hole made by the pit, heap a decent amount on top of the avocado
Author: Annie Chesson the Garlic Diaries