Blog & Resources
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
When the cold season hits make this easy slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe by adding lean white meat, vegetables, stock, and pasta to your crockpot.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced (1/4-inch)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup celery, (1/4-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped (3/4 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 8 cups unsalted chicken stock, or broth (64 ounces)
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Add chicken, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, and chicken stock to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3 1/2 hours on high setting, or 5 1/2 hours on low.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and transfer to a clean plate.
- Check to see that it is cooked through. Cover with plastic wrap to keep warm. Shred the chicken into smaller pieces right before serving.
- Add pasta to the slow cooker and cook on high setting for 25 to 30 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Taste the cooking liquid and season with more salt and pepper as needed.
- Add shredded chicken back to the slow cooker, cover and let cook for 5 minutes on high heat to re-warm.
- To serve soup garnish with a little bit of fresh chopped parsley and freshly cracked black pepper. Nutrition Facts: Calories 278, Saturated Fat 1g, Carbs 35g, Sugars 5g, Protein 32g