Blog & Resources
This Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetable Soup is the perfect comfort food for the winter time! It’s healthy, hearty, and will keep you warm and cozy on those cold days. The best part is that it’s easy to make – just put all of the ingredients in your slow cooker and let it do its thing! So if you’re looking for a delicious and fuss-free soup recipe, this is it!
- 3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts, skinned and excess fat trimmed (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 3 medium parsnips, sliced into ¼-inch-thick half-moons
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 2 -inch piece Parmesan rind
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh dill fronds, chopped (about 1 small bunch)
- Grated Parmesan and lemon, for serving
Combine the chicken breasts, chicken broth, 2 cups of water, carrots, parsnips, celery, onions, Parmesan rind, curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and a few grinds of black pepper in the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove the chicken breasts. When cool enough to handle, shred the meat (discard the bones) and add back to the soup; add the peas and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve in soup bowls with a sprinkle of Parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.