Blog & Resources
Seared Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
Tuna is an ingredient we absolutely love since it is packed with flavor, healthy fats, and cooks in under 5 minutes. However, it can be pricey (watch for sales!) so if you can’t find tuna or it is too expensive, just replace it with another sturdy fish and you will still have a delicious dish. The tuna is quickly coated with blackening spices and then served with a delicious pineapple salsa.
PREP TIME: 15 MIN COOK TIME: 10 MIN
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 2 tbsp red pepper
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tbsp jalapeno, chopped and seeded
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb tuna, cut into steaks (I used ahi tuna)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp blackening spice (store-bought or homemade)
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size: 1/4 recipe Amount Per Serving Calories 181 Calories from Fat 37 Total Fat 4g Saturated Fat 3g Monounsaturated Fat 0g Total Carbohydrate 7g Sugars 5g Protein 28g
- Mix together the pineapple, red onion, red pepper, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin, and salt to create the salsa.
- Rub the tuna with the blackening spices on both sides.
- Get a skillet nice and hot over medium high heat. Add the coconut oil.
- As soon as it melts, add the tuna steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Leave a Comment