Blog & Resources
Warm, comforting, and perfect for chilly days – this pumpkin coconut stew is sure to please! Filled with delicious fall flavors, this hearty dish is perfect for a cozy night in.
- 1 pound pumpkin, butternut squash, or acorn squash, halved, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large thumb-sized pieces of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 sticks of lemongrass, outer leaves removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- a generous splash or two of olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1 lime
(Roasting the carrots intensifies their sweetness)
- Roast the pumpkin at 350°F until flesh is tender.
- In a large soup pot cook the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent and brown.
- Add the chili powder, curry powder, lemongrass, ginger, pumpkin flesh, coconut milk, shredded coconut and stock. Stir for a minute to coat and then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Season with sea salt and pepper and season with fresh lime juice, tasting as you go.
- Serve in bowls OR add it back to the pumpkin shell for a beautiful presentation.
- Top with chili powder, shredded coconut or cilantro leaves if you like.