Blog & Resources
These skewers are the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The shrimp are tender and juicy, while the mango provides a refreshing sweetness that perfectly balances out the saltiness of the shrimp. They’re also incredibly easy to make, so they’re perfect for a quick and healthy meal on the grill.
- 1½ lbs large peeled and deveined shrimp
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with salt and black pepper.
- Thread shrimp, bell pepper pieces, mango cubes, and onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Squeeze juice from lime wedges over kebabs.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers)
Total time: 25 Minutes
Calories 277 Fat 3.3 g Satfat 0.7 g Monofat 0.5 g Polyfat 1.2 g
Protein 35.8 g Carbohydrate 27.1 g Fiber 4.2 g Cholesterol 259 mg Iron 4.5 mg Sodium 403 mg Calcium 109 mg