Blog & Resources
Healthy Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
This easy, low-carb version of the classic shrimp pasta dish that’s flavorful, quick to make, and tasty!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini noodles (from about 4 medium zucchini)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still somewhat translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through. Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley. Toss the noodles with the shrimp so that they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat just until warmed through. (Do not overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.) Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Serving Size: 1 (of 4) Calories: 232 Calories Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g
Cholesterol: 228mg Sodium: 606mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 6g Protein: 26g
Recipe Courtesy Well Plated – Erin