Blog & Resources
This easy, low-carb version of the classic shrimp pasta dish that’s flavorful, quick to make, and tasty!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 ½ tablespoons)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth or white wine
- Zest of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini noodles (from about 4 medium zucchini)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and cook until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Sauté for 3 minutes, until the shrimp are beginning to cook but are still somewhat translucent.
- Add the chicken broth, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute, just until the shrimp are completely opaque and cooked through.
- Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley. Toss the noodles with the shrimp so that they are coated with the garlic-lemon sauce and heat just until warmed through. (Do not overcook or the zucchini noodles will become mushy.) Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve warm.
Serving Size: 1 (of 4)
Calories: 232 Calories; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 228mg; Sodium: 606mg; Carbohydrates: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 6g; Protein: 26g
Recipe Courtesy Well Plated – Erin