Blog & Resources
Hawaiian Barbecue-Style Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless;
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce;
- 1 pineapple, thickly sliced
- 6 cups mixed greens;
- 1 red onion, sliced;
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved;
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice;
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar;
- 1/4 cup olive oil;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken breasts and grill the chicken until no longer pink, about 8 minutes per side.
- Liberally brush the barbecue sauce over the chicken, and cook for another 2 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and let rest.
- Grill the pineapple 2 to 3 minutes per side, then set aside.
- Slice the chicken and pineapple into bite-sized pieces.
- In a salad bowl, gently toss the pineapple, chicken, mixed greens, red onion and grape tomatoes together.
- In a dressing jar, combine the pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and season to taste.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, toss gently, and serve.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minCook: 20 min Nutrition Info: Protein: 16g / 16% Carbs: 45g / 46 Fat: 16g / 37%
Recipe Courtesy: Paleo Leap