Blog & Resources
Go Green! Friday
night healthy pizza night!!
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough,
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 ounces arugula, any tough stems
removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim
- Position oven rack in the lowest
position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly
floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking
sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli and
water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is
crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until
wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the
crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until
crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
(You could also add sliced
tomato, onions, mushrooms, grilled chicken, spinach, turkey sausage, sun dried
tomatoes, THE LIST GOES ON!!)