Blog & Resources
This healthy green pizza is the perfect way to enjoy a classic comfort food while still eating healthy. The whole wheat pizza dough is topped with delicious broccoli and arugula pesto, mozzarella cheese and fresh sliced tomatoes. The end result is a mouth-watering pizza that is both healthy and delicious.
The whole wheat pizza dough is packed with fiber and the broccoli and arugula are both loaded with vitamins and minerals. The pesto adds a delicious burst of flavor and the mozzarella cheese is creamy and satisfying. Plus, this pizza is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re gearing up for a game night or looking for a healthy meal option, this green pizza is sure to please.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- ¼ cup water
- 5 ounces arugula, any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
You could also add sliced tomato, onions, mushrooms, grilled chicken, spinach, turkey sausage, sun dried tomatoes, THE LIST GOES ON!!