Blog & Resources
The flank steak is a lean and flavorful cut of beef that pairs perfectly with a refreshing watermelon salad. The juicy, red watermelon contrasts beautifully with the salty, savory steak, while the bright, crisp greens provide a delicious crunch. This summer dish is perfect for a backyard barbecue or a casual weeknight dinner.
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 ½ lbs. flank steak
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 c. arugula greens
- ¼ c. Chopped red onion
- 1 c. croutons
- 2 c. watermelon, cut into chunks
- ½ c. feta
- Sea salt
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar, garlic powder, and chili powder. Massage all over the steak.
- Preheat grill or cast-iron grill pan on high heat. Grill steak for 5 minutes on each side, then let meat rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix together vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss in arugula, onion, croutons, and watermelon.
- Slice the meat against the grain. Serve steak with watermelon Panzanella salad and top with feta and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Nutrition Information Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 375 calories, 3 g fiber, 17 g Fat, total, 56 mg chol., 4 g sat. fat, 39 g protein., 20 g carb.
Recipe Courtesy of Delish.