Blog & Resources
Another staff favorite from IF’s John Olson.
Chicken breasts can be a little boring, but this marinade makes them a lot more exciting. Cilantro Lime Chicken Breast is marinated in olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, and cilantro and cooked in the air fryer or on the grill/grill pan. You can cook the chicken however you prefer – on the grill, grill pan, or air fryer – and add it to bowls, salads, or tacos.
- Grill: Heat a grill or grill pan over medium to medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts for five minutes on each side. To ensure they’re
cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperate is 165 degrees.
- Air Fryer: Cook the chicken in the air fryer at 380 degrees for five minutes on each side.
These cilantro lime chicken breasts are fantastic for meal prep. You can easily double the recipe and save the leftovers for meals throughout the week. There are so many ways to serve the chicken that you won’t get tired of eating the same meal on repeat.
- Bowls: Serve over rice or quinoa with black beans, avocado, pickled onions, and cherry tomatoes. Add jalapenos for some spice.
- Tacos: Stuff corn or flour tortillas with chicken, cabbage slaw, and queso fresco.
- Salads: Top romaine lettuce or mixed greens with chicken, black beans, corn, avocado, cucumbers, and bell pepper. Drizzle with fresh lime juice or cumin-lime vinaigrette.
- Main dish: Serve this cilantro lime chicken with Mexican-inspired sides like these Instant Pot Black Beans, Corn Salsa with Lime, or Mexican
- Sub chicken thighs.
- Use this marinade as a base and change up the flavors with different citrus and herbs, like lemon and basil or orange and rosemary.
Leave a Comment