Blog & Resources
Brussels Sprout Casserole with Chicken and Walnuts, a spectacular healthy dish that can be made on a weeknight and packed for lunches all week!
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Ounce parmesan cheese
- 1 Ounce Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp butter
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 390’
- Cut the chicken into big strips, place it in a bag, the add paprika, salt and pepper and close the bag. Shake it so that the chicken can be coated evenly.
- Add 1 tsp of vegetable oil to a grill pan and cook the chicken until brown.
- Bring 5 cups of salty water to the boil and boil the Brussels sprouts for 15 minutes or until they are tender.
- Drain the water and place them in an ovenproof dish.
- Add the cooked chicken and grate some parmesan and cheddar cheese on top.
- Chop the walnuts and scatter them over.
- In a pan, melt a knob of butter and add the plain flour, mixing well until you get a thick paste.
- Add the milk and stir continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Add the dijon mustard and pour the mixture over the sprouts, walnuts and chicken.
- Grate some more cheese on top.
- Season well with black pepper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 334: Total Fat 15g Saturated Fat 9g Cholesterol 69mg Sodium 740mg
Potassium 1031mg Total Carbohydrates 22g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 9g Protein 29g
Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 15 mins Total Time: 40 mins
Author: Daniela Anderson