Blog & Resources
This summery crunch-tastic slaw is guaranteed to find its way into your recipe rotation for the rest of the season. Using ripe, juicy peaches, it’s the perfect sweet-salty side dish for any number of grilled or smoked proteins.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- ⅜ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1-½ cups sliced fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 (12 oz) pkg. broccoli slaw
- 3 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut crosswise into 1-in. strips
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 oz feta cheese, crumbled (about ¼ cup)
- 2 center-cut bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Combine 4 tablespoons oil, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add peaches and slaw to vinegar mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper and remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done. Place chicken in a large bowl. Add barbecue sauce to bowl; toss.
- Divide slaw mixture evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with chicken strips. Sprinkle with chives, feta, and bacon.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 ½ cups slaw and about 3 ½ oz chicken)
calories 407, fat 22.5g, sat fat 4.4g, mono fat 13.7g, poly fat 2.4g, protein 33g, carbohydrate 16g, fiber 3g, cholesterol 90mg, iron 2mg, sodium 631mg, calcium 67mg, sugars 10g
Leave a Comment