Blog & Resources
The avocado and strawberries take the classic Caprese Salad to a whole new level. Avocados make everything better, but the strawberries add a hint of sweetness that really make the salad EXTRA delicious.
This easy caprese salad goes great with any meal. It is perfect for an easy weeknight side dish or a great recipe to make to take to a bbq. There is no cooking required, so it really is a HUGE win for these hot humid summer days and nights!
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 cup halved mini mozzarella balls
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- ⅓ cup loosely packed basil, torn or chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a high simmer over medium heat. Stir, then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the vinegar has thickened and reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the strawberries, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado, and basil in a shallow bowl or platter. Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Gently toss. Drizzle with reduced balsamic. Serve immediately.