Blog & Resources
Chicken, broccolini and rice: What more could you ask for? Our top-rated Asian chicken bowl is flavorful, healthy and comes together quickly for busy weeknights. Pro tip: Double the soy sauce mixture for added flavor.
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 pound broccolini, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cook brown rice according to directions.
- Combine soy sauce and cornstarch in a small saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Add brown sugar, mirin, and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn; drizzle 1 tablespoon soy sauce mixture over chicken.
- Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until done.
- Place chicken on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken into slices.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add Broccolini; cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain.
- Place ½ cup rice in each of 4 bowls; top each serving with 4 ounces chicken and 4 ounces broccolini. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon remaining soy sauce mixture over each serving.
Recipe Time: Hands-on – 28 Minutes; Total – 48 Minutes
Nutritional Information: Calories 429 Fat 7.1 g Satfat 1.2 g Sodium 578 mg