Blog & Resources
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
Seasoned, browned chicken breasts slow cooked with lemon juice, garlic, and chicken bouillon. A wonderful ‘fix and forget’ recipe that is easy and pleases just about everyone. Great served with rice or pasta, or even alone.
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Ready In: 3 h 30 m Calories: 192
- In a bowl, mix the oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mixture into chicken. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Brown chicken in butter for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in a slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, mix the water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon.
- Bring the mixture to boil.
- Pour over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on High for 3 hours, or Low for 6 hours.
- Add the parsley to the slow cooker 15 to 30 minutes before the end of the cook time.
Recipe and Image courtesy of AllRecipies.com and Carla Joy