Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce
This is an awesome low-cal, low carb, high protein way to cook your chicken and get that protein in!! Flavorful, yummy, and super easy to make!!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes 4-Servings
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons blackened seasoning
Avocado Cream Sauce:
- ½ cup plain, 0% Greek yogurt
- ½ avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken breasts and blackened seasoning in a large Ziplock bag. Seal and shake a few times to evenly coat the chicken.
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the creamy avocado sauce and garnish with ½ tablespoon green onions.
Per Serving (4-ounce chicken breast, 2 tablespoons cream sauce):
Calories: 162 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 25g